1. Introduction and general terms
The Humzingers website is owned by “Humdinger Limited” and we’re committed to protecting your personal information when using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we’ll use the information we collect about you;
- When we may use your details to contact you;
- Whether we’ll disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
The Humzingers website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will we collect about you?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to, any of our services, activities or online content such as newsletters, competitions or message boards, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Humdinger Limited (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note, sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information that may be sensitive in nature. When required, we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will we use the information that is collected about you?
Humdinger Limited will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for.
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our website, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Humdinger Limited for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on The Fruit Factory website.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will we contact you?
Humdinger Limited may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you.
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted regarding Humzingers, e.g. on the brands blog, message boards or via other social media channel.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
- For marketing purposes, however we will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
Humdinger Limited will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Humdinger Limited.
However, sometimes Humdinger Limited uses third parties to process your information. We require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. What if you’re a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Humdinger Limited. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will we keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Humdinger Limited.
Where you contribute material to The Fruit Factory website we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Are you able to find out what personal information we hold about you?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Humdinger Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
9. What if I am accessing the Humzingers website outside the UK?
a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows (statistics). On the Humzingers website (www.humzingers.co.uk), cookies record information about your online preferences. This allows us to tailor the website to your interests.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly they may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our services pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight service information on your second and subsequent visits.
c) How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
d) Third party cookies
To support our services, we sometimes embed photos and video content from other websites. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Humdinger Limited does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Humdinger Limited uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports to analyse its activity.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. For more information on the cookie set by Google Analytics, including information on how to opt out, please go to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
e) List of the main cookies
This is a list of the main cookies set by the Humzingers website, and what each is used for:
We use a session cookie to maintain information about each visit to the website and enable core site functionality. This cookie does not contain any personal information, and only lasts for the duration of your visit, being deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
This cookie protects against Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF). A CSRF attack forces a logged-on victim’s browser to send a forged HTTP request, including the victim’s session cookie and any other automatically included authentication information, to a vulnerable web application. This allows the attacker to force the victim’s browser to generate requests the vulnerable application thinks are legitimate requests from the victim.
Convenience cookies to allow the site to function more efficiently for your visit, these cookies allow us you provided a better experience as you browse the website by knowing how you have navigated the site.
11. Changes to our policies
Our privacy and cookie policies may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check them each time you submit personal information to Humdinger Limited. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use the Humzingers website.
12. Contacting us about our policies
If you have any questions or comments about our policies, please contact:
The Marketing Department
Sutton Fields Industrial Estate
Last updated: 18/05/15